Whatever your level of dedication to dance, there is fun for everyone in every class!
Whatever your style of interest, we have a class for you!
Dance With Me - 30 minutes - This tiny tot creative movement and tumbling class offers an opportunity for 2 year olds to come into class with a grown up! Let's make some lasting memories! (appropriate for 18months - 3 years old)
Baby Ballerina - 30 minutes - This class is great for our young dancers ages 3-4 who are interested in dance & movement but not quite ready for a full structured ballet/tap combo class. They learn a little ballet piece for the recital too!
- Preschool Combo -45 minutes - Preschool Combo teaches 3-4 year olds the basics of both ballet and tap dancing. Creative Dance techniques are used to keep children engaged and energized throughout class. Creative movement allows children to discover the technique of dance while using their imagination. We offer 1st year and 2nd year option depending on age and dance experience.
- Preschool/Kindy Hip Hop - Students will experience an upbeat style of dance focused on keeping the rhythm and learning basic hip hop steps.
- Kindy/1st Combo - 1 hour - Students ages 5-7 continue to discover ballet and tap dance by being encouraged to use their imaginations. Some creative movement is still used at this age level; however, students will begin to discover true ballet concepts and technique, as well as tap steps and combinations. We offer a 1st and 2nd year option depending on age and dance experience.
- Acro/Tumbling - For our Preschoolers and up, this class is full of skill building and fun! Students learn to follow directions while mastering tumbling skills appropriate for their age and skill level. An art form that incorporates the fluid movements of dance with exciting tricks from acrobatics. It is "gymnastics for dancers," where students develop specific strength, flexibility, & technique, to learn how to execute acrobatic tricks, to then be used in dance choreography. This class does NOT perform in the annual dance recital (testing is available for class placement after the kindy level).
- Technique- This class works on strengthening ones flexibility, endurance, and stamina. You will focus on specific turns, jumps, and leaps. This class will enhance your Ballet/Jazz/Lyrical/Contemporary technique. This class offers time for dancers to improve current skills and learn new skills. Offered at the beginner, intermediate and advanced level. Note: This class does NOT perform in the annual dance recital.
- Jazz Classes - These dance classes provide so much energy and fun with upbeat music, action packed movements, and so much personality. Students will be challenged with learning jazz technique, skills and combinations.
- Tap Classes - These dance classes focus on the fundamentals of tap dance. Dancers expand their tap dance knowledge with a healthy challenge and focus on rhythmic awareness and musicality, while working towards our aim of speed and clarity. Exciting progressions and combinations are taught for memory and performance skills. Learn to make music with your feet! One of the most fun classes!
- Ballet Classes- These classes will begin with ballet barre technique and strengthening and move into center and across the floor exercises. Dance Me focuses on perfecting technique, while keeping class fun for every age levels. We stress correct terminology, body placement, body direction, proper technique and controlled stretching. Ballet is the foundation on all dance forms; it is strongly encouraged for all serious students. These classes will perform in the annual dance recital.
- Lyrical/Contemporary - These classes offer dance training in two of the most popular styles of dance today - lyrical and contemporary. This class is full of technique training, tricks and fun! These styles of dance focus their choreography around the lyrics of a song to play out their dramatic interpretation. Technique and skills are based on ballet and jazz with a mix of creativity for performance.
- Musical Theater - This class will teach students about the history of theater and dance and the many great influences of musical theater dance styles. Students will learn various styles of dance, as well as how to perform to the difference styles of music. This class is recommended for all students ages 8 and up. We recommend ballet or jazz class in addition to this class.
- Choreography/Improvisation - Focusing primarily on learning new movements and combinations, as well as learning to dance without preparation of choreography, students will develop one of the most important aspects of dance, aside from technique, Confidence!
- Hip Hop - So much energy in this class! Learn Hip Hop and/or Jazz Funk Choreography to upbeat hip hop music. Movements and music will remain age appropriate at all times.
- Shooting Stars (Special Needs Class) - We believe that everyone can dance! This class welcomes anyone who may have a mental or physical disability too severe to allow them to keep up with the pace of one our other classes. Students will be allowed the opportunity to dance for the joy of dancing!
- Adult Tap - This Tap class offers adults ages 18 and up the opportunity to socialize, get some exercise and learn to tap dance! This class has a performance opportunity option as well!
- Adult Ballet - A technical ballet class using the barre as well as center floor and across the floor combinations. Join this class for exercise, improving your technique, or happy hour! OFFERED AT VARIOUS TIMES OF THE YEAR
- Adult Jazz - Join us for an exciting and up beat class full of stretching, across the floor combinations and center floor combinations. Don't forget your personality for this class! OFFERED AT VARIOUS TIMES OF THE YEAR
- Irish Step Dance - Dance Me's Irish dancers immerse themselves in culture, language, and multiple styles of Irish dance. Taught in an encouraging, yet focused environment by an accomplished qualified professional, and former competitive Irish dancer, students receive educational, fun, disciplined and high-quality instruction without the cost and time commitment of competitive irish dancing. Students will learn both contemporary and traditional solo and step dancing; as well as social group ceili (Kay-lee) and set dances. Whether or not you're Irish, come dance with us! As the Irish say, "The craic (fun) is mighty! Irish language and culture is a strong component of the class, and is incorporated regularly throughout the lessons. Musicality and rhythm are also large components of the class. Dancers will learn proper placement of their bodies, feet, arms, and head, with an emphasis on carriage, strength training and proper technique. These are non-competetive classes, and they are not affiliated with any competitive Irish Dance organizations.
*Please Note that the age guideline for classes is only a guideline.
Students can be tested by Miss Brianna for class placement.
Recommendations are given for each student at the completion of each school year.