CONTACT KATHY: 518-836-5102/INFO@DANCEMESCHOOL.COM
So you want to be a part of the Dance Me Competition Team? GREAT CHOICE!
Competition is a very exciting part of dance. We believe that being a competitive dancer builds character in many ways. Being a member of a dance team teaches students dedication, good sportsmanship, team work and discipline...TO NAME ONLY A FEW! Auditions are one of many experiences a dancer will gain throughout their journey.
Ages 7 and up are welcome to audition
TO BECOME A PART OF THE DANCE ME TEAM:
- Come to the Dance Me Studio on Wednesday February 17th: Ages 7-10 @ 6:00pm / Ages 11 and up @7:00pm
- Be prepared in appropriate dance attire.
- A short class will be lead by Miss Kathy
- Dancers will be taught a short combination. This combination will be simple so dancers can show their technique and skills without worrying about remembering the choreography.
- Students will be allowed time to practice the choreography before it comes time to perform.
- Students will be asked to perform in small groups.
- Most importantly, be prepared to have fun! Auditions should be a time for you to shine. Don't be nervous...Miss Kathy doesn't bite :)
- Parents will need to sign our Liability Waiver and Release prior to the dancer's audition.
- Remember: Rockettes normally have to audition many times before they are accepted....that is if they ever are accepted. Dance Me auditions are of course not as hard core as the Rockette's auditions, however, if we do not feel a dancer is quite ready for the team, we will recommend classes that will prepare them to become a member of the team at a later time.
- Dance is a Process...Not a Performance! It takes time to develop your dance skills and technique. Take the time to practice and have patience!!
SEE YOU THERE!